Whitehaven Beach Half Day Tour from Airlie Beach
Enjoy relaxing on the pure white sand of Whitehaven Beach. You can walk along the seven kilometer stretch of natural silica sand, swim in crystal clear water or lay back and read a good book. There is no better place to unwind then finding your own slice of paradise and feeling the ocean breeze sweep over you as your body melts into the sand. The only way to truly experience one of the world's best beaches is in style and comfort aboard a large, high-speed and air-conditioned catamaran.
What makes it Great:
- No-hassle morning or afternoon cruise to Whitehaven Beach
- Half-day tour allows you to fit more sightseeing into your day
- Avoid the heat in an air-conditioned catamaran
- Enjoy morning or afternoon tea on the boat
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays, with up to 2 hours at the southern end of Whitehaven Beach
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Protective stinger suits
- Guided Solway Circuit walk
- Commentary from experienced crew
- Morning or afternoon tea on board vessel
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef tax)
Exclusive afternoon departure highlights
- Glass of bubbles on boarding at Hamilton Island
- Complimentary charcuterie board on route from Whitehaven Beach to Hamilton Island
- All inclusive beer, wine and softdrink on your journey home from Whiteheaven Beach
- Food and drinks, unless specified (snacks and drinks available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure times & locations
- Airlie Beach | Departs 07:15 AM | Returns 1:45 PM
- Hamilton Island | Departs 08:30 AM | Returns 12:30 PM
- Daydream Island | Departs 07:50 AM | Returns 1:10 PM
- Airlie Beach | Departs 11:55 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
- Hamilton Island | Departs 01:10 PM | Returns 5:00 PM
- Daydream Island | Departs 12:35 PM | Returns 5:00 PM
Please note: There is a cafe at Port of Airlie where you can grab breakfast before your early morning start. RETURN times are when the vessel arrives back at the mainland/island resort. COACH TRANSFERS to Port of Airlie are available at an additional cost. Schedule changes may occur.
Your day at a glance
- Your half-day tour begins at a designated meeting point in Port Airlie or Hamilton Island. Once there, board an air-conditioned catamaran destined for Whitehaven Beach, hailed as one of the best beaches in the world. Following the cruise, disembark on the powder-white sands of Whitehaven Beach and enjoy free time to swim, sunbathe, or walk around the island’s 5-mile (7.5- kilometer) circumference.
- The turquoise waters of Whitehaven Beach are home to a plethora of marine life, including tropical fish and and turtles.
- Back on the boat, enjoy morning or afternoon tea before returning to your original departure point in Port Airlie or Hamilton Island.
Travelling with children
Children between the ages of 2-14 years will be applicable for child rates. Infants 0-3 years travel free of charge. Guests must be able to show valid ID at check in to support their ticket type (i.e Senior or Child ticket).
We offer special rates for familes. Please check the booking for form for up to date family pricing.
Things To Bring
- Swimwear and beach towel
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses and protective clothing
- Light jacket/sweater for a cool or windy day
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Cruise Whitsundays Whitehaven & Hill Inlet Adventure. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
About Cruise Whitsundays
Award winning 'Cruise Whitsundays' is the Whitsundays largest and most experienced marine tourism operator offering a range of day cruises and Island Resort connections. Cruises visit the Great Barrier Reef , Whitehaven Beach and island resorts on Hamilton Island and Daydream Island. The multi-award winning Great Barrier Reefsleep overnight experience is one of Australia's most unique places to stay. 'Resort Connections' provide services between island resorts and the Whitsunday Coast and connecting the region's airports arrivals and departures.
Departure times & locations
Airlie Beach | Departs 07:15 AM | Returns 1:45 PM
Hamilton Island | Departs 08:30 AM | Returns 12:30 PM
Daydream Island | Departs 07:50 AM | Returns 1:10 PM
Airlie Beach | Departs 11:55 AM | Returns 6:10 PM
Hamilton Island | Departs 01:10 PM | Returns 5:00 PM
Daydream Island | Departs 12:35 PM | Returns 5:00 PM